Hello beautiful faces~
I recently talk to several high school girls, and they shared their concern about upcoming prom. They all mentioned how they don’t have enough budget for fancy makeup products. For those of you who might have the same concern, I want to tell all of you that you do NOT need fancy makeup products to achieve a gorgeous look for Prom. It’s all about using the RIGHT PRODUCTS. Here’s a list of good affordable makeup products that are UNDER $10:
**NOTE: All these products are what worked well on me. It may work differently on different skin types.
For face, I’d stay away from tinted moisturizer or BB creams. Since you’ll be dancing all night, try to use a lightweight foundation. Generally foundations last longer and give better coverage. Also, depending on your skin type, use a proper primer to make your skin look even more flawless and to help your foundation last longer.
1. Loreal – True Match Lumi Foundation
: give nice luminous glow
2. Loreal – True Match Powder
: oil control without drying out skin too much
3. Revlon – 24 hr Colorstay Foundation
: really does last all day!! pretty good coverage.
4. Maybelline – Baby Skin Pore Eraser
: minimizing pores
5. Maybelline – Age Rewind Dark Circle Corrector
: great for under eye area
6. Maybelline – Fit Me Concealer
: great for dark spots
Make sure you use waterproof (and preferably smudge proof) mascara and eyeliner!! Otherwise, you might become a panda by end of the night… (Yea.. that happened to me before..) Also try to use shimmery or metallic eyeshadows instead of matte ones. Because of the lighting, your eye makeup won’t stand out as much. So focus more on eye makeup by using highly pigmented shadows.
1. ELF – Eyeshadow Palette (Shimmery Neutrals)
: only about $2. VERY shimmery. works much better with eyeshadow primer
2. Sally Hansen – Natural Fake Eyelashes
: looks natural.
3. Maybelline – the Falsies Volume Express (Waterproof)
: waterproof. holds curls really well.
4. Duo – Eyelash Adhesive
5. NYX – Roll on Shimmer (Platinum and Salmon)
: can use for both face & body!!!!!! Must have for parties
6. Rimmel – Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner (Nude, Brown, Sparkling Black)
: can be used as both eyeshadow & eyeliner. highly pigmented. glides on very smoothly. smudges really well.
7. Maybelline – Eyestudio (Taupe Temptress, Copper Chic)
: HIGHLY pigmented even without a primer. VERY shimmery.
3. Bronzer & Blush & Highlighter
Since the eye makeup will be pretty strong, I’d use less blush, but focus more on contouring and illuminating. Also, since the lighting will be pretty dim, strong contouring will really make your face structure more defined.
1. Rimmel – Natural Bronzer
: highly pigmented. little bit goes a long way
2. Milani – Illuminating Face Powder
: very natural.
3. Milani – Baked Blush
: gives a nice healthy glow. highly pigmented
4. Maybelline – Master Matte
: Nars multiple dupe. highly pigmented. easy to blend. creamy
5. Maybelline – Master Prime (Blur + Illuminate)
: can be used as both primer & illuminator. VERY hydrating. great for dry skin.
1. Tonymoly – Kiss Lover Lip Master (First Kiss, Back Hug Pink)
2. NYX – Lip Smacking Fun Colors (Haute Melon, Chaos)
3. NYC – 16HR Smooch Proof Lip Stain (Forever Fuchsia, Orange On the Go)
Whoa, that was pretty long.
But the main point is…. you don’t need all those makeup products to look gorgeous.
Be confident, and love yourself.
Self-confidence is what makes you stand out, not your makeup.
Remember, every one of you are beautiful.
And every one of you are the prom queen in your life.
So don’t worry, and just have fun!
Thank you for reading, and